car will not start

Discussion in 'Technical' started by spork1o1, Nov 24, 2009.

  1. spork1o1

    spork1o1 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    626
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Location:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    I have the ford duraspark set up and no spark when cranking.
    (trying to start with key or with key in run position and jumping at the solenoid.)
    Tried 3 other ignition modules. (2 are new, one out of another car known to be good)
    Tried 2 coils (1 new 1 out of a another car known to be good)

    for testing the coil and ignition module I have also wired them directly to the battery. Still no spark.

    I will get one snap from the coil when the ignition module in first plugged in.
    :hmmm:
     
  2. spork1o1

    spork1o1 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    626
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Location:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    Found this on the net.
    Time to check the distributor

     
  3. spork1o1

    spork1o1 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2006
    Messages:
    626
    Likes Received:
    15
    Trophy Points:
    128
    Location:
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    1972 Maverick
    I think the reluctor in my distributor is bad.:( it shows 0 ohms.

    I have a spare one that was pulled from another distributor, it tests at 640 ohms.
     
  4. dkstuck

    dkstuck Member

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2004
    Messages:
    3,249
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trophy Points:
    118
    Location:
    Latrobe Pa (Pgh)
    Vehicle:
    72 Maverick in drag
    Glad we could help! was going to say check dist. you saved me from digging that info up!
     

Share This Page